Warm Greens With Cornbread Croutons
More From Southern Living
Total: 37 Minutes
- 4 cups (3/4-inch) cornbread cubes
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 1 medium-size red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 4 bunches frisée, torn*
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Gently toss 4 cups cornbread cubes with 2 Tbsp. melted butter, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15 to 25 minutes or until toasted.
- 3. Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar, molasses, mustard, and remaining 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper; cook 1 minute. Add frisée, and toss to coat. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until frisée just begins to wilt.
- 4. Transfer onion mixture to a serving dish, and sprinkle with cornbread croutons; serve immediately.
- *2 bunches curly endive may be substituted.
- TRY THIS TWIST! Baby Greens With Molasses Vinaigrette: Whisk together 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 2 Tbsp. molasses, 1 Tbsp. coarse-grained Dijon mustard, 1 minced garlic clove, 3/4 tsp. kosher salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Toss desired amount of dressing with 1 (5-oz.) package thoroughly washed spring greens mix. Top with 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced, and cornbread croutons. Serve with remaining dressing. Hands-on time: 15 min. Total time: 15 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note