Warm Goat Cheese and Potato Salad
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 large Yukon gold or red potatoes
- Vegetable or corn oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper, divided
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 8 bacon slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 pound torn frisée or gourmet salad greens
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Warm Goat Cheese Fondue
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into thin wedges
- Parsley Oil
- Chili Oil
- Cut potatoes into rectangular blocks; dice trimmings.
- Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Fry diced potato in oil 2 minutes or until golden. Drain and set aside. Fry potato blocks 6 minutes or until golden. Drain and place in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle diced potatoes and potato blocks with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; cool.
- Boil 1 cup balsamic vinegar in a heavy nonstick skillet until reduced to 1/2 cup; set aside.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 1 1/2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar to reserved drippings, stirring balsamic dressing well.
- Combine diced potato, bacon, frisee, and next 3 ingredients in a large salad bowl; drizzle with balsamic dressing, and toss gently. Arrange salad evenly on individual salad plates; stand potato blocks upright in center. Cut a slit in top of each potato block; insert 3 or 4 apple wedges in each slit. Spoon Warm Goat Cheese Fondue onto plates; spoon over potato, if desired. Drizzle plates with reduced balsamic vinegar, Parsley Oil, and Chili Oil. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads