Wow - is this rich - a small piece is plenty. I made in a 10" springform pan - I cannot imagine using a 9" pan - when it was done cooking, it was completely at the top of the 10" pan. I also would cut back on the chocolate chips in the center - I think it had just a little too much chocolate. It is a very good recipe though!
Warm Fudge-Filled Cheesecake
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Trinda Gage
Warm leftover cheesecake slices in the microwave 30 seconds before serving.
Yield: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla, divided
- 2/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Garnish: chocolate shavings
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add 1/3 cup sugar, beating well. Gradually add flour, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and pistachios. Press into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add 1 1/2 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Stir in remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla. (Do not overmix.)
- Pour half of batter into crust; sprinkle with chocolate morsels to within 3/4 inch of edge. Pour in remaining batter, starting at outer edge and working toward center. Place cheesecake on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until set. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Serve slightly warm with sweetened whipped cream, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note