Warm Frisee Salad With Crispy Kosher Salami
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 (12-oz.) package kosher beef salami slices
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium-size red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 bunches frisée, torn*
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1. Cut kosher beef salami slices into 1/4-inch strips.
- 2. Cook salami strips in hot olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat 5 to 10 minutes or until crispy. Remove salami with a slotted spoon, reserving remaining oil in skillet. Drain salami pieces on paper towels.
- 3. Sauté onion and garlic in reserved hot oil 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute.
- 4. Place frisée and grape tomato halves in a large bowl, and drizzle with vinegar mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with crispy salami pieces, and serve immediately.
- *2 bunches curly endive may be substituted for frisée.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Hebrew National Kosher Beef Salami.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads