Warm Figs with Goat Cheese
- 24 small fresh black figs, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Arrange the figs on a baking sheet, cut sides up. Spoon a little goat cheese on each fig half and lightly brush the figs with the vinegar. Bake for about 8 minutes, or until the figs are warmed through. Transfer the figs to a platter and serve immediately.
- Wine Recommendation: Stuckey: The dry-style 1997 Zind-Humbrecht Wintzenheim Gewürztraminer from Alsace has a tangy, exotic fruit edge, which pairs well with the pure fruit of the figs and the tart goat cheese.Triffon: The ripe fruit, tangy cheese and deep balsamic flavor are nicely offset by the 1997 Scherer Tokay-Pinot Gris Vielles Vignes from Alsace; it has a whisper of sweetness and excellent acidity.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers