- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups mixed olives
- 8 pickled okra, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup lightly salted roasted almonds
How to Make It
Remove lemon peel in strips using a vegetable peeler, reserving lemon for another use.
Sauté lemon peel, garlic, fennel seeds, and red pepper in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 1 minute. Add olives, and next 3 ingredients, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until fennel is crisp-tender. Transfer to a shallow serving dish.
Party Tip: If your olives have pits, be sure to set out a small bowl for your guests to dispose of them.