These were delicious, and I'm not really a date person. I think this would make a nice appetizer for a party. Simple to make.
Warm Dates with Soft Blue Cheese and Prosciutto
Photo: Alex Farnum; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 185
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Protein: 4.1g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 156mg
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) loosely packed crumbled mild blue cheese such as Danish
- 1/2 cup mascarpone or cream cheese
- 12 Medjool dates, halved and pitted
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto (4 to 5 slices), cut into 24 thin (1/2 in.) strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1. Mash blue cheese and mascarpone in a bowl with a fork until smooth. Fill each date cavity with a rounded 1/2 tsp. cheese. Wrap each half with a strip of prosciutto.
- 2. Warm oil and 1 tbsp. water in a medium nonstick frying pan over low heat. Add dates and cook, covered, until warmed through and softened, about 3 minutes. Serve warm.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 2 date halves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This