This was a nice, easy and tasty appetizer. Next time I'd bake it a little longer take the rind off the sides too. I substituted pecans for the walnuts. Delicious with both chardonnay and pinot noir, so great for parties.
Warm Cranberry-Walnut Brie
Dip into the luscious melted cheese with trans fat–free 100 percent whole-grain or wheat crackers.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1 ounce cheese mixture and 5 crackers)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 188
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 7.9g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 291mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 1 (8-ounce) round Brie cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped walnuts, toasted
- 40 low-sodium 100 percent whole-wheat crackers (such as Triscuit)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Using a serrated knife, remove topmost rind from cheese; discard rind. Place cheese, cut side up, in a small ovenproof baking dish; sprinkle with cranberries and thyme. Top evenly with nuts. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until cheese is soft and warm. Serve immediately with crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers