The taste of the corn syrup was a little stronger than I was expecting, but that didn't stop this sauce from being delicious. Like a fresher version of a classic Hershey's chocolate syrup. A little thin, so more of a sauce than a hot fudge for sure, but delicious over vanilla ice cream.
Warm Chocolate Sauce
- 2/3 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- Dash of salt
- 2 1/2 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add chocolate, butter, and vanilla; stir until chocolate melts.
- CALORIES 99 (29 percent from fat); FAT 3.2g (sat 1.9g, mono 1.1g, poly 0.1g); PROTEIN 1g; CARB 19g; FIBER 1g; CHOL 2mg; IRON 0.5mg; SODIUM 40mg; CALC 21mg
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This