I seasoned the chicken with oregano, thyme, salt and lemon pepper. Served with garlic breadsticks it is a keeper.
Warm Chicken BLT Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 474
- Calories from fat: 65%
- Protein: 33g
- Fat: 34g
- Saturated fat: 6.9g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 485mg
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken breast halves (3 to 4), fat trimmed
- 14 ounces butter lettuce (2 heads), leaves separated, rinsed, crisped, and torn into 3-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups cherry or small, pear-shaped tomatoes (red and/or yellow), rinsed and cut in half
- 1 firm-ripe avocado (12 oz.)
- 8 slices applewood-smoked or regular bacon (10 oz. total), chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar or white wine vinegar
- About 1/4 teaspoon salt
- About 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Rinse chicken, pat dry, and cut into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- 2. Put lettuce and tomatoes in a salad bowl. Pit and peel avocado. Cut into quarters, then thinly slice crosswise. Add to salad.
- 3. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir bacon often until browned and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Discard all but 1 tablespoon fat from pan.
- 4. Add chicken to pan; stir often over medium-high heat until no longer pink in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in olive oil, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 5. Add chicken mixture and bacon to salad and mix gently. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Wine pairing: A lean and fresh but creamy Pinot Gris perfectly balances the rich salad.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes