Warm Cheese and Portabella Salad Focaccia Sandwiches
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 450
- Calories from fat: 48%
- Protein: 20g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 941mg
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 portabella mushroom (1/4 lb.), sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 1 medium yellow or green zucchini, very thinly sliced lengthwise, preferably with a mandoline
- 12 ounces plain or herb focaccia or ciabatta bread, cut in 4 pieces
- 1/2 pound teleme* or brie cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed radish or onion sprouts, sunflower sprouts, pea shoots, or micro greens
- 1. Preheat broiler. Make portabella salad: In a medium bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, marjoram, salt, garlic, and pepper. Add portabella; gently toss to coat. Just before serving, mix in zucchini.
- 2. Make sandwiches: Split bread and set, cut sides up, in a rimmed baking pan. Broil until golden, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Spread cut sides with cheese and broil until melted, about 1 minute.
- 3. Arrange mini greens on bottom halves of cheese-covered bread. Add portabella salad, then top with remaining bread halves. Cut sandwiches in half.
- *A soft California cheese with a fresh flavor and mild tang; sold at cheese shops and well-stocked grocery stores.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This