- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 portabella mushroom (1/4 lb.), sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 1 medium yellow or green zucchini, very thinly sliced lengthwise, preferably with a mandoline
- 12 ounces plain or herb focaccia or ciabatta bread, cut in 4 pieces
- 1/2 pound teleme* or brie cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed radish or onion sprouts, sunflower sprouts, pea shoots, or micro greens
- calories 450
- caloriesfromfat 48 %
- protein 20 g
- fat 24 g
- satfat 6.8 g
- carbohydrate 42 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- sodium 941 mg
- cholesterol 20 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler. Make portabella salad: In a medium bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, marjoram, salt, garlic, and pepper. Add portabella; gently toss to coat. Just before serving, mix in zucchini.
Make sandwiches: Split bread and set, cut sides up, in a rimmed baking pan. Broil until golden, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Spread cut sides with cheese and broil until melted, about 1 minute.
Arrange mini greens on bottom halves of cheese-covered bread. Add portabella salad, then top with remaining bread halves. Cut sandwiches in half.
*A soft California cheese with a fresh flavor and mild tang; sold at cheese shops and well-stocked grocery stores.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.