- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 cups sliced fresh chanterelles
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
Bake hazelnuts in a shallow pan at 350º, stirring occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes or until toasted. Cool, and chop.
Cook vinegar over low heat in a heavy saucepan, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 6 tablespoons (about 1 hour). Set aside.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chanterelles, and sauté until golden brown. Stir in shallots, garlic, thyme, and hazelnuts; sauté 30 seconds.
Spoon evenly on individual serving plates. Drizzle with balsamic syrup, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.