Warm Camembert Salad with Apples and Walnuts
For a nice presentation, save the pastry shell tops to place on the individual filled shells just before serving. Prep: 15 minutes; Bake: 25 minutes.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen puff pastry shells (6 shells)
- 1 (8-ounce) whole Camembert
- 2 (3.5-ounce) containers mâche (also called
- 2 Royal Gala apples (or a similar sweet, crisp variety), peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup White Wine Vinaigrette
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place pastry shells on a baking sheet, and bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Remove shell tops, and reserve for garnish or another use. Remove rind from Camembert, and cut cheese into 6 wedges. Place a wedge into each partially baked shell. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and brown.
- 2. Place pastry shells on individual plates, 1 per person; add shell tops, if desired. Toss lettuce and next 3 ingredients; distribute salad evenly around each shell.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads