This is my new favorite way to cook brussels sprouts. It's nice and low in calories and very tasty.
Warm Brussels Sprout Leaves with Toasted Garlic and Lemon
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Dan Becker
Yield: Serves 12 (serving size: about 1/2 cup)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 34
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Protein: 1.7g
- Fat: 1.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 4.9g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 53mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed, leaves pulled off, cores quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1. Heat oil in a 5- to 6-qt. pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low and add brussels sprout leaves and cores.
- 2. Cook, stirring often, until brussels sprouts soften and start to brown, about 10 minutes. Add 2 tbsp. water, cover, and cook until cores are tender, about 5 minutes more. Season with salt and zest.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Warm Brussels Sprout Leaves with Toasted Garlic and Lemon Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables