Preheat oven to 350.
Grease an 8" baking dish with butter, set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion & cook, stirring often, until deep golden brown - about 10 minutes
- Add Mushrooms, salt & pepper and cook until golden bronw - about 8-10 minutes
- Carefully add beer & cook, scraping up any browned bits, for about 2 minutes more
- Remove skillet from heat, stir in broccoli, 1 3/4 cup shredded cheese, sour cream & Neufchatel until well combines and transfer to backing dish.
- Scatter remaining 1/4 cup chredded cheese over the top
- Bake until bubbly and golden brown - about 35 minutes.
Go to full version of