Warm Broccoli Cheese Dip
Your party guests will devour this irresistible dip with pita chips or crudités. To make quick work of chopping the mushrooms, pulse them in the food processor. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/3105.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter, plus more for the baking dish
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound(s) white/button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) mild beer, such as ale
- 1 16-ounce package(s) frozen broccoli florets, thawed, chopped and squeezed dry of any excess moisture
- 2 cup(s) shredded mild Cheddar & Monterey Jack, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) lowfat sour cream
- 4 ounce(s) NeufchÃ¢tel cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch baking dish with butter; set aside. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until deep golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Carefully add beer and cook, scraping up any browned bits, for 2 minutes more. Remove skillet from heat, stir in broccoli, 1 3/4 cups shredded cheese, sour cream and Neufchâtel until well combined and transfer to prepared dish. Scatter remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese over the top and bake until bubbly and golden brown, about 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note