Warm Broccoli Cheese Dip
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter, plus more for the baking dish
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound(s) white/button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) mild beer, such as ale
- 1 16-ounce package(s) frozen broccoli florets, thawed, chopped and squeezed dry of any excess moisture
- 2 cup(s) shredded mild Cheddar & Monterey Jack, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) lowfat sour cream
- 4 ounce(s) NeufchÃ¢tel cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch baking dish with butter; set aside. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until deep golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Carefully add beer and cook, scraping up any browned bits, for 2 minutes more. Remove skillet from heat, stir in broccoli, 1 3/4 cups shredded cheese, sour cream and Neufchâtel until well combined and transfer to prepared dish. Scatter remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese over the top and bake until bubbly and golden brown, about 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note