I've fixed this for two holiday parties this week and it was a huge hit. Unfortunately I could not find ginger preserves in my area so bought low sugar orange marmalade and added 1/2 tsp ground ginger to the mix. I really do not like altering someone's popular recipe, I feel I miss out! But until I find ginger preserves, the alteration was certainly acceptable to our foodie crowd. The 2nd time I made it I used the microwave to soften the brie and it worked great, about 1 minute at 70% and that was with 1000 watt micro. Just keep and eye on it.
Warm Brie With Ginger-Citrus Glaze
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
Bake: 9 Minutes
- 1 (8-oz.) Brie round
- 1/4 cup ginger preserves*
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Assorted crackers, fresh fruit
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Trim and discard rind from top of Brie. Place Brie on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cheese is just melted.
- 2. Meanwhile, microwave ginger preserves and next 6 ingredients in a small microwave-safe glass bowl at HIGH 30 seconds; stir until blended and smooth. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute. Let stand while cheese bakes.
- 3. Transfer Brie to a serving dish; drizzle warm glaze immediately over Brie. Serve with assorted crackers and fresh fruit.
- *1/4 cup fig preserves maybe substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Dundee Ginger Preserve.
- Party Tip: Place the Brie directly on an oven-safe serving plate, and bake as directed. The hot plate will keep the cheese warm and gooey longer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This