- 8 ounces uncooked farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/3 cups julienne-cut red bell pepper (about 1 large pepper)
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms (about 2 ounces)
- 1 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 2 ounces)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely grated Asiago cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- calories 360
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 12.1 g
- satfat 3.5 g
- monofat 6.4 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 14.1 g
- carbohydrate 48.6 g
- fiber 3.6 g
- cholesterol 15 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 441 mg
- calcium 198 mg
How to Make It
Cook the pasta according to the package directions, omitting the salt and fat.
While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, mushrooms, and garlic, and sauté for 10 minutes. Combine 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, mustard, and salt in a large bowl.
Drain pasta. Add pasta, salad greens, and mushroom mixture to bowl; toss well. Serve with cheese and black pepper, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.