Delicious! I served this on a spinach salad with crumbled bacon and sliced hard-boiled egg. The flavor is wonderful.
Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
Skip the bottled stuff and whip up a batch of this indulgent bacon vinaigrette. Minced shallots, garlic, brown sugar, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, and coarse grained mustard give it a delightfully sweet-and-tangy flavor.
This recipe goes with Pork Tenderloin-and-Tomato Salad
More From Southern Living
- 4 bacon slices
- 4 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons coarse grained mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and reserve for another use.
- 2. Cook shallots and garlic in hot drippings over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until tender. Add brown sugar, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Process garlic mixture, orange juice, and next 4 ingredients in a blender until combined.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note