The new favorite slaw in our house!
Warm Bacon and Herb Coleslaw
We think everything is better than bacon, and this bacony coleslaw will be perfect with BBQ ribs or chicken.
Yield: Serves 8 to 10
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 128
- Calories from fat: 68%
- Protein: 4.4g
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 6.5g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 353mg
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- 1 head cabbage (1 1/4 lbs.), cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 8 strips thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine cabbage, onion, carrot, and herbs in a large bowl. Set aside.
- 2. Cook bacon over medium heat, stirring often, until browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to drain; set aside.
- 3. Add shallot to hot bacon grease and cook, stirring occasionally over medium heat, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add mustard, sugar, and vinegar and stir to combine. Stir in oil, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over reserved vegetables along with half the reserved bacon and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle remaining bacon over slaw and serve immediately.
- Make ahead: Vegetables, bacon, and vinaigrette, up to 1 day, chilled separately. Rewarm dressing and bacon and mix with slaw when ready to serve.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This