We make this salad for Easter every year. Really should make it more often....The vinaigrette is fantastic and the contrast of textures is excellent. Best when served warm and made with thin asparagus.
Warm Asparagus Salad
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 94
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 13.2g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 172mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 2 ounces day-old French bread or other firm white bread, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until toasted. Rub cut sides of garlic over one side of each bread slice. Place bread slices in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until bread is coarsely ground. Arrange breadcrumbs in a single layer on a baking sheet; bake at 375° for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer breadcrumbs to a bowl.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until butter is lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally; remove from heat. Drizzle butter over toasted breadcrumbs; toss well to coat.
- Combine vinegar, oil, 1 teaspoon rind, lemon juice, and shallot; stir well with a whisk. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Bring water to a boil in a large skillet. Snap off tough ends of asparagus; add asparagus to pan. Cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring constantly. Place asparagus on a serving platter. Drizzle with vinaigrette; top with breadcrumb mixture. Garnish with 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads