Yield: Makes 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar, beating well. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Combine flour and salt; stir into butter mixture. Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Beat egg white slightly. Dip each ball into egg white, and roll in nuts. Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Press thumb deeply into center of each cookie. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Fill center with about 1/2 rounded teaspoon preserves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts