- 1 1/2 cups walnut halves (6 ounces)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for 12 minutes, or until golden. Cool the walnuts and finely chop.
- 2. In a mortar, mash the garlic with a pinch each of crushed red pepper and salt until a paste forms. Add the walnuts and parsley and pound to a coarse paste. Slowly add the olive oil, pounding and stirring until blended. Stir in the Parmesan and season with salt.
- Notes: If you don't have a mortar, make the pesto in a food processor, quickly pulsing the ingredients.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This