This was amazing - messy, but amazing! I made it with frozen pizza dough instead of making it myself to save time, which also made it a very quick recipe as well!
Walnut and Onion Tartine
Photo: Rob Culpepper; Styling: Hagen Stegall
More From Cooking Light
Total: 2 Hours, 11 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 377
- Fat: 23.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 8.2g
- Protein: 11.7g
- Carbohydrate: 32.6g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 603mg
- Calcium: 119mg
- 6 tablespoons warm water (100° to 110°)
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup very thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 ounce very thin slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved (about 1/4 cup)
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; let stand 5 minutes or until bubbly. Stir in 4 teaspoons oil. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup and spoons; level with a knife. Add flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to yeast mixture, stirring until a soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic (dough will be soft and tacky).
- 3. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in size. Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- 4. Coat an 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with 2 teaspoons oil. Press dough into pan; cover and let rise 30 minutes or until puffy. Sprinkle dough with 1/4 teaspoon salt, walnuts, onion, prosciutto, and thyme. Bake at 450° for 18 minutes or until crust is golden and edges are crisp.
- 5. Place arugula in a bowl; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and lemon juice, tossing to coat. Turn bread out onto a clean work surface, and slice crosswise into 4 rectangles. Top each rectangle with about 1/2 cup arugula mixture and 1 tablespoon shaved Parmesan cheese; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note