Walnut Mashed Potatoes
Toasted nuts give fresh appeal to these spuds. Serve them as a perfect pair to a hearty entree.
More From Oxmoor House
- 6 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 30 minutes or until tender; drain well. Return potatoes to pan. Add butter, and mash with a potato masher. Add half-and-half, salt, and pepper. Mash again to desired consistency.
- Sauté green onions in hot oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add onions and walnuts to mashed potato, stirring until blended.
- Note: Chop walnuts by hand for this recipe instead of using a processor because a processor often creates "dust" that can discolor the potatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note