Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) whole wheat bread
- 8 ounce(s) walnuts
- 2 cup(s) onions minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) dried parsley
- 2/3 cup(s) carrots grated
- 1 stalk(s) celery minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 10 ounce(s) diced tomatoes in juice
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine
- 2.5 tablespoon(s) tamari/soy sauce
- 1.75 cup(s) vegetable stock
- 1) Preheat the oven to 375 and grease a pyrex loaf pan.
- 2) Grind bread and walnuts together in a food processor until they are fine. Place in a large bowl.
- 3) Add the onions, parsley, carrot, celery, egg, seasonings and tomatoes. Mix to combine everything evenly.
- 4) Pack the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 1/4 hours, or until loaf is browned and set.
- 5) Cool for about 15 minutes before turning loaf out. Cut into six servings.
- 6) For sauce: Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the wine, tamari and stock. Bring to a low boil, whisking the entire time to keep sauce smooth. Simmer for a few minutes until it is thick and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CalRose42 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note