- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups chopped dates, divided
- 2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans, divided
How to Make It
Combine cake mix and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Add eggs and melted butter, beating at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended (batter will be stiff). Spoon half of batter into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan; sprinkle with 1 cup each of dates and walnuts.
Stir remaining 1 cup each of dates and walnuts into remaining batter; spread over mixture in pan.
Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen sides. Let stand 30 minutes before cutting. Cut into squares, and store bars in an airtight container.