Walnut Chicken with Dijon Cream Sauce
More From Oxmoor House
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Japanese or fine, dry breadcrumbs (we tested with panko)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine 1/4 cup butter and garlic powder in a small bowl, stirring well; set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs and next 5 ingredients in a shallow dish, stirring well.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/2" thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Brush both sides of chicken with garlic butter; dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until butter melts. Add 3 chicken breasts; cook 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and done. Transfer to a serving platter; repeat procedure with remaining chicken, butter, and olive oil.
- Meanwhile, combine whipping cream and remaining 4 ingredients in a small saucepan; whisk until blended. Bring to a simmer; cook 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly and coats the back of a spoon. Serve sauce with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes