It was really good! I used ranch instead of the dressing in the recipe and it was yummy!!!!
Add a delightful crisp to chicken by dredging it in a walnut and breadcrumb mixture and pan-frying. Serve over crisp greens and drizzle with a heavenly buttermilk-honey dressing. Best of all, this southern favorite cooks in under 10 minutes.
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup finely ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 16 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Buttermilk-Honey Dressing
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Brush buttermilk evenly over chicken.
- Combine walnuts, breadcrumbs, and salt in a shallow dish; dredge chicken in mixture.
- Pour oil into a large skillet; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Cut chicken crosswise into thin slices.
- Combine salad greens and spinach, and arrange on each of 4 individual plates. Sprinkle with cheese, and top with tomato halves and chicken. Serve with Buttermilk-Honey Dressing on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes