I thought this was very good. It was really quick to pull together and the nutty taste was great. I threw in some crumbled blue cheese on the last toss -- I put in a very little bit (about two tablespoons), thinking maybe it wasn't enough, but it was perfect.
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 467
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 15.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 9.3g
- Protein: 35.5g
- Carbohydrate: 45.7g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 660mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 1/2 tablespoons walnut oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- Combine 2 tablespoons ground nuts and flour in a large zip-top plastic bag; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add remaining ground nuts, 5 teaspoons oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, tossing to coat. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon oil and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add garlic mixture and chopped fresh parsley to pasta; toss to combine. Cover and keep warm.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken to zip-top plastic bag; shake to coat. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Serve chicken over pasta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes