I thought this was very good. It was really quick to pull together and the nutty taste was great. I threw in some crumbled blue cheese on the last toss -- I put in a very little bit (about two tablespoons), thinking maybe it wasn't enough, but it was perfect.
Ground walnuts, boosted by walnut oil, render this pasta dish richly flavorful. Crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue cheese would be a great addition.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup pasta and about 3 ounces chicken)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 467
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 15.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 9.3g
- Protein: 35.5g
- Carbohydrate: 45.7g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 660mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 1/2 tablespoons walnut oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- Combine 2 tablespoons ground nuts and flour in a large zip-top plastic bag; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add remaining ground nuts, 5 teaspoons oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, tossing to coat. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon oil and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add garlic mixture and chopped fresh parsley to pasta; toss to combine. Cover and keep warm.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken to zip-top plastic bag; shake to coat. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Serve chicken over pasta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes