Be very careful not to over-toast the walnut/breadcrumb/garlic combo. Ruined the entire dish.
Walnut-Breadcrumb Pasta with a Soft Egg
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Mindi Shapiro Levine
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 492
- Fat: 23.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Protein: 19.2g
- Carbohydrate: 53.3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 216mg
- Iron: 4.1mg
- Sodium: 448mg
- Calcium: 80mg
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (2-ounce) piece French bread baguette, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked fresh linguine
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Bring 3 inches of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add eggs to pan; boil 5 1/2 minutes. Drain. Plunge eggs into ice water, and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and peel.
- 2. Place bread in a food processor, process until finely ground. Add nuts to bread; pulse until finely ground. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add garlic, and sauté for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add breadcrumb mixture, salt, and pepper to pan; sauté for 5 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently.
- 3. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Add pasta to the breadcrumb mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with parsley and chives; toss to combine. Divide pasta mixture evenly among 4 shallow bowls, and top each serving with 1 egg and 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note