Walnut Blueberry Banana Bread
One of the poster-children for antioxidants, sweet blueberries lend a burst of color to classic banana bread, while walnuts give each tender slice a textural kick.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 3/4 cup(s) ground flaxseed meal
- 2 eggwhites
- 1/3 cup(s) agave nectar or raw honey
- 1 cup(s) 1% buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 3/4 can(s) spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) orange rind grated
- 1 cup(s) blueberries
- 1/2 cup(s) unsalted walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a nonstick loaf pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, stir together banana, flaxseed, egg whites, agave and buttermilk. In a separate bowl, mix baking soda, salt, flours and orange rind. Combine dry ingredients into banana mixture. Gently fold in blueberries and walnuts. Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Nutrients per 4 x 1/2-inch slice: Calories: 200, Total Fat: 6 g, Sat. Fat: 0.5 g, Carbs: 33 g, Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 13 g, Protein: 8 g, Sodium: 260 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 611fox and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Walnut Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads