Walnut Beet Salad
Community Recipe from
- 3 med beets scrubbed & trimmed
- 1/4 cup(s) dark raisins
- 1/2 cup(s) boiling apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 tablespoon(s) diced roasted beets
- 1 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) toasted walnut or veg oil
- 1 pound(s) spring mix
- 1 head(s) romaine sliced 1 1/2 in strips
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) 7toasted walnut pieces
- 3 ounce(s) bleu cheese crumbled
- 1 crisp tart apple unpeeled diced
- preheat oven 450*.
- Wrap beets in foil, palce on bake sheet, bake 45 min. Cool, Unwrap & rinse under cold water to slip skins off.Dice.
- For vinaigrette, place raisins in a bowl & pour boiling vinegar over. Let stand til plump & cool, 30 min.Process to form a paste.
- Add honey, 2 tbs beets, mustard & salt & process.Add oil and process. Transfer to a jar & refrig30 min befo9re serving.
- Toss remaining ingredients and drizzle with 1/3 dressing & toss.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lastevens and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Walnut Beet Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads
More Recipes for Main Dishes