This is an absolutely delicious salad. I did have trouble finding honey roasted cashews, but as necessity is the mother of invention, I created my own. Drizzzled with honey, stirred with brown sugar and toasted. That made them sticky, so I tossed with granulated sugar and they were great. Also soaked the apples in OJ to keep them fresh. I served this at a luncheon and it was a huge hit! Many requests for the recipe!
Waldorf Spinach Salad
Waldorf Spinach Salad, our spin on the traditional salad, tosses spinach leaves in the mix and uses a vinaigrette tinted with cinnamon instead of mayonniase to coat the salad.
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9-oz.) package fresh spinach, torn
- 2 large Gala apples, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese, shaved
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup honey-roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients in a large serving bowl until well blended. Add spinach and remaining ingredients, tossing gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note