This recipe is great. Made it for a carry in. Everyone loved it. Many asked for the recipe.
Inspired by the original Waldorf salad, this slaw is good with grilled chicken or pork. Although we call for Braeburn, use your favorite crisp apple in this recipe.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 89
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 15.4g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 187mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 2 cups chopped Braeburn apple (about 1 large apple)
- 1 cup chopped peeled Bartlett pear (about 1 pear)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 (16-ounce) package cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, buttermilk, rind, juice, salt, and pepper, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle mayonnaise mixture over cabbage mixture, and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note