Waldorf Salad Jubilee
This vibrant salad will brighten your holiday table. For a slightly sweeter salad, use Gala or Fuji apples in place of Granny Smith.
Yield: 10 servings
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 Granny Smith apples (about 2 1/2 lb.), unpeeled and cut into 1/2
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups chopped radishes
- 3/4 cup orange-flavored dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces, toasted
- 2 heads radicchio, washed, and leaves separated
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well. Toss apples with next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise dressing, and toss to coat. (Salad can be prepared a day ahead; cover and refrigerate overnight).
- Fold toasted pecans into salad. Line a serving bowl with radicchio leaves and spoon in salad or arrange radicchio leaves on each plate, and spoon salad into leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads