I made this for work. Everybody loved it. I agree with only 1/4 cup of the mustard. I added a little more mayo to balance it out. I also used pecans instead of walnuts because I already had some. But it was delicious.
Waldorf Chicken Salad
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Pursell
Add chicken and grapes to the classic Waldorf salad to make it a hearty main dish.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 large Gala apple, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup honey mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake walnuts in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- 2. Stir together chicken, next 5 ingredients, and walnuts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note