- 2 1/4 cups (6 ounces) uncooked wagon wheel pasta
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 pound ground round
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 3 cups low-fat spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2 (14-ounce) cans less-sodium beef broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added kidney beans, undrained
- calories 223
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 4.2 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 17.1 g
- carbohydrate 29.2 g
- fiber 2.4 g
- cholesterol 29 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 261 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add meat and onion; cook over medium heat until meat is browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain.
Return meat mixture to pan; add cooked pasta and remaining ingredients. Cook 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.