We had this for a fast weeknight meal and everyone loved it. This would make an easy morning meal, too. 5 stars- very easy and tasty!
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 379
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 858mg
- Calcium: 112mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 Canadian bacon slices
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 frozen multigrain waffles, toasted (such as Van's)
- 4 very thin slices reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook bacon 3 minutes or until golden, turning occasionally. Transfer to a plate.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, egg whites, chives, and pepper; stir well with a whisk. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet; cook over medium-low heat, stirring until just cooked (about 5 minutes).
- 3. Arrange 4 waffles on a baking sheet; top each with 1/4 of scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheese. Top with remaining 4 waffles; bake in middle of oven until cheese is melted and waffles are crisp (about 4 minutes). Drizzle with syrup; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch