1. In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, lemon peel, vodka, lemon juice, green onion, and 2 tablespoons parsley.
2. Rinse sole and lay pieces flat (if unskinned, skin up) Cover fillets equally with bread mixture and roll to enclose. Set sole, seam down, in a buttered, shallow 2 1/2- to 3-quart casserole. Cover tightly with foil.
3. Bake in a 425° regular or convection oven until fish is opaque but moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 12 to 16 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, frequently stir butter and shallots until golden, about 3 minutes. Add wine and vodka. When simmering, ignite (not beneath an exhaust fan or flammable items) and shake pan until flame dies.
5. Pour wine sauce over fish and season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped parsley.