State Fair Fried Pickle Burger
Try this beef burger topped with melted American cheese, lettuce and tomato, ranch dressing and fried Vlasic® Ovals Hamburger Dill Chips.
More From Vlasic Recipes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil plus additional vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 10 to 12 Vlasic® Ovals Hamburger Dill Chips
- 6 ounces ground beef patty or veggie patty
- 1 hamburger bun
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 to 2 leaves of green leaf lettuce
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- 1. Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a deep, heavy pan until oil reaches a temperature of 350°F.
- 2. Combine flour, baking powder and garlic powder in a shallow bowl. Beat egg in separate bowl.
- 3. When oil comes up to temperature, dip Vlasic® Ovals Hamburger Dill Chips in egg and then in flour mixture and add to oil. Cook until golden brown, flipping over while cooking, about 2 minutes.
- 4. Set aside on a paper towel to drain.
- 5. Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil into a separate cast iron or fry pan and heat until oil shimmers. Add burger to pan.
- 6. While burger is cooking, add bun, cut side down, to fry pan. Heat until grilled, 2 to 3 minutes, then remove.
- 7. Cook burger to desired doneness and turn off heat. Lay American cheese on burger and cover pan until melted.
- 8. On bottom of bun, layer lettuce, tomato and burger. Top with ranch dressing, fried pickles and top of bun.
- 9. Serve additional fried pickles on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note