- 2 pounds fresh bay scallops
- 2 cups buttery round cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
How to Make It
Rinse scallops thoroughly in cold water; drain well. Combine scallops, cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup butter, catsup, sugar, salt, and pepper; stir well. Spoon scallop mixture into a greased 1 1/2- quart casserole or 6 greased 10- ounce custard cups.
Combine green onion and remaining butter; sprinkle evenly over scallop mixture. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.