Vietnamese Summer Rolls
Summer rolls are wrapped in softened rice paper. This version takes advantage of chilled Lemongrass Beef.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 summer rolls and about 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 230
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 14.8g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 443mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chile paste with garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 (8-inch) round sheets rice paper
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup cooked bean threads (cellophane noodles)
- 1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut carrot
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 ounces Lemongrass Beef, cut into 16 (1-inch-thick) strips
- To prepare sauce, combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- To prepare rolls, add cold water to a large, shallow dish to a depth of 1 inch. Place 1 rice paper sheet in dish of water; let stand 2 minutes or until soft.
- Place softened rice paper sheet on a flat surface. Place 1 lettuce leaf on the bottom third of the sheet. Top with 1 tablespoon each of noodles, sprouts, cucumber, carrot, mint, and cilantro; add 2 Lemongrass Beef strips.
- Fold sides of rice paper sheet over filling; roll up jelly-roll fashion. Gently press seam to seal; place, seam side down, on a serving platter (cover with a damp cloth to keep from drying). Repeat procedure with remaining rice paper sheets, noodles, vegetables, herbs, and beef. Serve with sauce.
- (Totals include Lemongrass Beef)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This