- Sandwich rolls or baguette (split)
- Asian red chili paste
- Salad mix or shredded cabbage
- Red onion (sliced)
- Cucumber (sliced)
- Fresh cilantro
- Deli Ham or chicken
- 1 cup Jicama, peeled and cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 1 cup Carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 1/2 cup Seasoned rice vinegar
How to Make It
Pack split sandwich rolls or baguettes; Asian red chili paste; salad mix or shredded cabbage; sliced red onion; sliced cucumber; fresh cilantro; and deli meats such as ham or chicken.
Marinate 1 cup each matchstick-size pieces of peeled jicama and carrots in 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar up to three days.
Pack fresh and pickled vegetables separately in zip-lock plastic bags.
Save leftover beef or chicken satay.
Layer rolls with leftover satay and/or deli meats, chili paste, cilantro, and vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.