Vietnamese? Style shrimp with vegetables and rice
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Shrimp raw, peeled
- 1 Zucchini, medium-large
- 1 shallot, large
- 1 Fresh ginger root, palm size divided
- 2 Serrano chiles
- 1/2 bunch(es) cilantro
- 2 limes
- 1 bag(s) Fresh basil (sandwhich bag worth)
- 1/2 bag(s) fresh mint (1/2 sandwhich bag worth)
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 6 whole(s) medium carrots
- 2 teaspoon(s) dark sesame oil
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) fish sauce
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1.5 cup(s) peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon(s) honey
- 1 teaspoon(s) maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 2 cup(s) white rice standard dry rice measure
- Peel shrimp and keep cold. Finely dice the shallots, 1/2 the ginger, and serrano pepper. Set aside in a separate dish. Seed serranos if desired. Slice the cilantro, lettuce, mint, and basil into 1 cm wide ribbons, and mix together in a large prep dish. Prepare the carrots and zucchini, separately, in a coarse (french fry size) julienne cut.
- Prepare sauce: Zest 1 lime. Juice limes to get 1/4 cup. Add a generous pinch each of diced serrano, shallots to juice mixture. Grate the reminder of ginger into mixture. Whisk in sesame oil, maple syrup, and fish sauce. Set aside.
- Large cast iron pan: Melt butter, saute carrots until softening. Add zucchini and cook until barely soft, add peas. Cook 1-2 minutes more, remove from heat and add sauce and honey.
- Small cast iron pan:
- Add coconut oil, diced shallots, ginger, serranos, and saute over medium low until mixture is softened and browned. Raise heat to medium high. Add shrimp, black pepper, allspice, and coriander. Turn shrimp only occasionally, to develop a light crust. Cook until done.
- White rice is cooked following standard practices in rice cooker.
- To serve: Each plate gets 1/4 of the share, as follows:
- Spread white rice on plate. Top with lettuce mixture, then cooked vegetables and shrimp. Toss lightly and enjoy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PatRat and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note