This was simply delicious. My husband and I like our food spicy, but I eliminated the chile (didn't have it on hand) and it was plenty hot without it. Interestingly, the chili-lime marinade calls for no lime juice!? Probably a mistake as it calls for lemon juice. I used a combination of lemon and lime. This recipe made it to our top 10 - definitely a repeat performance.
Vietnamese-style Prawns and Hearts of Palm with Green Tea-Noodle Salad
Photo: Jean Allsopp
- Chili-Lime Marinade, divided
- 18 large prawns or shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (7-ounce) package green tea soba noodles or spaghetti
- 1 (14-ounce) can hearts of palm, drained
- 1 Maui or other sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3 heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Garnish: fresh herbs
- Pour 1 cup Chili-Lime Marinade into a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add prawns. Seal bag, turning to coat prawns. Chill 30 minutes.
- Pour remaining 1 cup marinade into a large bowl. Prepare noodles according to package directions. Add noodles to marinade in bowl, tossing to coat. Cut hearts of palm in half crosswise, then lengthwise into thin strips; add to noodles. Add onion to noodle mixture, and toss gently.
- Preheat grill. Remove prawns from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill prawns, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (350° to 400°) for 2 minutes on each side. Place noodle mixture on each of 6 individual plates, and top each with prawns and tomatoes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers