Only a very hot grill gets tasty charred edges.
Cooking Light JULY 2012
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a mini food processor; pulse until coarsely ground. With processor on, add soy sauce, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, and oil; process until blended. Combine mixture and pork in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
2. Combine carrot and sugar in a medium bowl; let stand 10 minutes. Add juice, vinegar, 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce, minced garlic, and 1 sliced chile; stir until sugar dissolves.
3. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well.
4. Preheat grill to high heat.
5. Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade. Thread pork evenly onto 6 (12-inch) skewers. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until lightly charred.
6. Top each lettuce leaf evenly with pork, noodles, and remaining ingredients. Serve with dipping sauce.
Go to full version of