Vietnamese Noodle Salad
Photo: Stephen Devries; Styling: Linda Hirst
More From Coastal Living
Marinate: 1 Hour
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce, divided
- 1 pound pork loin or pork tenderloin, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 (8.8-ounce) package thin rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10-ounce) package salad greens
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup small or coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons small fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1. Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon fish sauce in a large zip-top plastic storage bag. Add pork, turning to coat; seal and chill 1 hour or overnight.
- 2. Combine chili-garlic sauce, lime juice, sugar, and remaining 3 tablespoons fish sauce in a medium bowl. Add hot water, stirring until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- 3. Cook rice noodles according to package directions; drain. Toss noodles in chili-garlic sauce mixture.
- 4. Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork, in batches if necessary, 2 minutes on each side or until inside is done and edges are slightly crispy.
- 5. Combine salad greens, cucumber, and next 4 ingredients on a serving platter. Top with noodle mixture and pork. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This