Vietnamese Flank Steak
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 1 Hour
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients. Place steak in a large zip-top plastic bag, and pour half of marinade over meat. Seal, and chill 1 hour or up to 6 hours.
- 2. Pour remaining marinade into a small saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until reduced by one-third and slightly thickened. Cool, and stir in mint and cilantro.
- 3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Remove meat from bag; discard marinade. Grill on greased grill grate 7 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with reduced marinade before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note